Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did the DC come with?

Options
  • 13-10-2009 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to pack up my unused DC's and get things under control a bit. Since I bought the consoles and accessories piecemeal over a long period, I'm trying to find out what came in the original DC box. According to the ThinkGeek ones that went on sale a few months back, you get:

# Dreamcast Console
    # One Controller
    # Power Cable
    # AV Cable with composite video and stereo audio
    # Phone cable
    # Built in 56K Modem
    # Web Browser 2.0 Disc (dreamkey?)
    # Game Demo Disc (dreamon?)
    # Instruction Manual

Does that look about right? I've tried finding eBay auctions, etc, but it seems to be that if the console is "boxed", then they just make up what they put into it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

Depending on where you bought it, was there not one free game as well ? Chu-Chu Rocket or something similar ?

I got mine in Dixons ... pretty sure there was a free game in there.

I still have a boxed DC at home ... I'll check it tonight and post back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,117 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Chu Chu Rocket didn't come free with the dreamcast, think you had to register with sega or write off for a dream key CD I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

was there such a thing as a 2.0 dreamkey? think it jumped up from 1.5 to 3.0

yep chu chu rocket was a freebie posted by Sega Europe, dont think it was distributed by any other means...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    yep chu chu rocket was a freebie posted by Sega Europe, dont think it was distributed by any other means...

I got Chu Chu Rocket in the box with mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

+1

my bad. think i got two from Dreamarena, what an amazing freebie to get, the world's first major mainstream online console game delivered! i didnt care much for the game afterwards but it was probably the coolest freebie I ever got,bar maybe the guinness stuff lately...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,117 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    my bad. think i got two from Dreamarena, what an amazing freebie to get, the world's first major mainstream online console game delivered! i didnt care much for the game afterwards but it was probably the coolest freebie I ever got,bar maybe the guinness stuff lately...

If you played it in 4 player while drunk you would have cared for it.

Advertisement