Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vrt help

Options
  • 13-10-2009 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi, iam buying a car up north and need to sort my vrt. Also ihavent sold my own car yet and need to register it off the road. Wats the easiest way to do all this!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

VRT can be paid at your local tax office who will issue you with an Irish Reg on receipt.

As for registering the car off the road I think you can also do that at the tax office though I may be wrong on that one

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Manona

Hi,

Thanks for that....

does anyone know what forms I need?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 damian1250

Normally i would not reg my car as off the road, just sell it on and fill the back of the reg book. You will get tax renewal forms but just ignore them. If scrapping the scrap yard will issue cert and send with tax book to address on back of tax book. As for paying VRT you have to go to the revenue comminshers (legalised thiefs) office to clear the car, check https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showVRT to get quote before you go and if they give you a higher quote give them this and they have to charge you the printed price you provide them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Manona

Damien, how do u mean fill in the reg book? Sorry I'm not good at this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 33 damian1250

On the back of your registration certificate (the sheet with cars number, colour, engine size etc) is a part to fill in and send to the certificate supplier (revenue) to declare it scrapped.

• Advertisement
Advertisement