Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Design Opportunity. Need advise

Options
  • 13-10-2009 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I recently had a friend call me and ask if I could design a website for the people he works for. I said yes of course I could. The thing is he wants something along the lines of these two websites;

http://www.pelzgolf.com/

http://davidleadbetter.com/

Now I have no problem in doing something along those lines. My only concern is what roughly to charge. I know this is a very broad question and depends on alot of different variables. But if some of you on here have done something similar in the past could give me a pointer as to what would be the industry standard for a site something along the lines of the above I would greatly appreciate it.

PM if you would prefer.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Those two sites are world apart. If you can't see that then you're in trouble. The second site is probably worth about twice that of the first.

Generall it's impossible to quite a price unless we see your quality of work, and the depth of the work involved. So with that in mind, my random guess is anywhere between 500 and 5000.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

p wrote: »
    Those two sites are world apart. If you can't see that then you're in trouble. The second site is probably worth about twice that of the first.

I apologise for sounding snotty in my response but where in any part of my original post did I indicate that the two sites posted were in any way the same or of equal value.....?

I agree the Leadbetter site is a world apart from that of the Pelz one. They were just indicators of something along the lines of what he wanted.

Thank you for your response anyway. I would be aiming for something along the lines of the Leadbetter site but (and I dare say) better or more complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Sorry if I was abrupt, it seems that many posters on here can't tell the difference in quality, and it's a little tiring.

If you're aiming for the latter site or better, then you're probably talking 3000k+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 LCblogger

Depending on functionality id say for the design and pages alone 3-4k at least.

Advertisement