Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hernia Hiatus

Options
  • 13-10-2009 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,959 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    After some months of tummy pains, I had a gastroscopy and was diagnosed with:
    * Helicobacter Pylori
    * Inflamed stomach
    * Hernia hiatus

W.r.t. to the Hernia Hiatus I would like to hear from any other Hernia Hiatus sufferers in terms of any tips with regard to how you dealt with it.

- What diet changes did you make?
    - What sport / exercise / fitness changes did you make?
    - Did you cut out drink completly?
    - Did it eventually go away?

I am not overweight. I don't smoke.

For anyone who had the op, how bad to the pain get before you decided to get the op?

How long where you waiting to get the op?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Hi Tim - glad to hear you got the tummy problems sorted out!

Long Term Illness may be a better port of call to ask about this to know what people adjusted to cope with it.

We can discuss the medicine end of things here - but its dodgy if people start giving you specific advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,959 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

DrIndy wrote: »
    Hi Tim - glad to hear you got the tummy problems sorted out!

Long Term Illness may be a better port of call to ask about this to know what people adjusted to cope with it.

We can discuss the medicine end of things here - but its dodgy if people start giving you specific advice.
    Thanks,

I am on Nexium 40 (mg or g) a day, for another two months.

Cost is about 75 quid a month from Boots.

Is this a reasonable price?

Also, on medicine side of things, how long are people on these tabs for - the rest of their lifes?
    Is this the drug that is usually prescribed for hernias?

Any expert comments appreciated.

Advertisement