Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on my washing machine!!!

Options
  • 12-10-2009 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I need some advice about my washing machine, everytime I take my clothes out of the machine they smell of the washing powder Ive used but after I leave them on the line and take them into the house and put them on the either the rads or the clothes horse, there is horrible smell off them.
    It smells like feet, anybody else got this problem?

The machine is hotpoint

I have to wash and re-wash all the clothes and Im not getting anywhere.

Cheers for any advice!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

First of all, are you washing them on a cool wash? most cloths need to be washed in Hot water to remove bacteria. Also are all the cloths smelling? if so you really need to get the cloths dries as soon as possible.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Might be an idea to run a wash cycle at machine's highest temperature, though with no clothes inside. Scald out any gunk in pipework, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

+1 also put a cup of white vinegar in while doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

It actually sounds like the spin cycle is not kicking in. Have you watched the machine to see if the spin cycle is kicking in?

If you google the model number you will find related problems and solutiuons

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

This can happen with non-biological powders, and worst of all are those small bottles of liquid detergent. It's because they don't contain bleaching agents.
    There have been a few threads about this problem before, and if this is what's causing the problem for you then it should go back to normal once you use a biological powder again. You could run a boil wash with biological powder and no clothes in the machine to clean it out - you're supposed to do this once a month anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement