Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market Research - HOTEL ADVERTISING ?

Options
  • 12-10-2009 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,
    I need to find out what are the main Irish Magazines that Hotels, and Guest house's tend to advertise in ?

Also, where else do they primarily spend most of their printed marketing budget on for adverts other than magazines?

Anyone who may be in the biz of Hotel marketing and know where is the main area's for this, I'd really appreciate it !!!

Thanks !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I've done a fair bit of advertising for hotels over the years and it really depends on a few more specifics. The location of the hotels, is it general advertising or for events etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Storm99

Hi,
    It's for nationwide hotels. Not event specific.
    I am launching a new website that will advertise for hotels and I need to get an idea of what they currently pay for Magazine adverts per month/issue and what they pay for online advertising etc so I can gauge what I should be charging.

Thanks !

Surely for you to come out with a business model that can better the current offerings, you should know this already, right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Storm99

It's a new potential source of revenue that we are only looking into. Hotels are not our core business, and we feel we have an potentially excellent source of niche marketing to offer hotels to our market, but we have to start somewhere and the current mainstream alternatives and their costs are a good start for market research purposes.

Thanks for your help.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement