Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor Market

Options
  • 12-10-2009 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi, has anyone heard about a new indoor market that is supposed to be starting in a few weeks, near where Texas used to be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

not heard about this at all do keep us up to date if you hear any more on it

have u heard any more on this Dulchie75

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭dulchie75

Hiya, I'm waiting on a friend to get me a contact number from another friend so as soon as I hear anything I'll post it here. Do you mind if I ask if you're interesed in selling at it, I am, hope it takes off.

I'll keep in touch:)

no wouldnt be selling at it Dulchie just interested in going along if and when it starts up

i saw this weeks Leader had a coupon on the fron about a 10,000 sq ft indoor market opening soon and a place to sign your details and send it to them etc. so must be on the way for definite

• Advertisement

It's starting the first Friday in December, hopefully it will be good!

davehey79 wrote: »
    i saw this weeks Leader had a coupon on the fron about a 10,000 sq ft indoor market opening soon and a place to sign your details and send it to them etc. so must be on the way for definite

Are you going to check out the market over the weekend?

is it defo starting this weekend?? Friday is it for definite?? Wont make it into it meself as have a wedding but have told the sister and mother about it so expectingthem to pop along and fill me in.

Yes, def starting Friday from 10 til 6 I think. Supposed to be about 50 stalls so lets hope it's good. I'll let you know what I think, enjoy the wedding:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

it was shyte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 sammyb

it was shyte
    WHY?? HAD THEY A FARMERS MARKET THERE?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 zipy

There were quite a few transit vans parked outside,so draw your own conclusions. Some interesting stuff there, rather like a big car boot sale. Needless to say I shall not be returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

any update on this???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

was a highly interesting visit i must say, althoug many of the items seemed to be stolen..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

the conts couldnt even steal good items!

sure everythin there is faulty, not worth ur while even goin im afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

i bought a hammer there but sure didnt the hammer break when i hit somethin!

sure didnt i buy a screwdriver and the minute i twisted it, sure didnt the feckin thing shatter

was a highly interesting visit i must say, althoug many of the items seemed to be stolen..

I've paid a few visits to the market and don't think it's full of stolen goods, I got some really nice handmade jewellery, christmas cards and cakes. Give it a chance to get off the ground it might pick up:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭yawn

nah it was too crap to give it another chance.

I would defo think most items were stolen and defo not worth stealing, let alone buying

• Advertisement

Shame you think that way, what stuff do you think was stolen, People were selling toys, clothes, handbags, bread & cakes, jewellery or was it the fruit and veg:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kerrymaninld

From this thread sounds like its still alive, must pop along, have a load of baby things to offload (prams,buggies,etc.) All in good nick! No, not nicked! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sparkles999

Ah, give it a chance, there are a few vans outside because they are selling machinery which sometimes needs to be started etc outside so is noisy and smelly, wouldn't be good indoors. The indoor market is grand, has lots of jewellery, veg, car stuff, cleaning stuff, wood work fixtures, home baking, household stuff, duvets etc etc. Lots for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Caprine Capers

Longford indoor market is a lovely friendly place to visit. There is even Goats Milk, Goat Milk Chocolate, fudge and soaps on sale. - Unique, especially for anyone who has problems with regular dairy!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Casey_81

I went along on saturday, and there was a "fell of the back of a lorry" vibe going on to be sure..

On the plus side there seemed to be a couple of nice stalls inside, seemed to be a nice stall with cakes and another one with bread, and some other ones with fruit & veg. The indoor layout is a bit allover the place, and I think that it could be better planned.. i.e. having food stuffs in the same area rather than scattered allover the place.

Honestly, I dont think i'd bother going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I got some bargain books!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sundaygirl55

Had a quick look yesterday , yes plenty of vans outside but lots of variety inside from frames to bakery to knitwear .
    Would pass an hour if you were'nt looking for anything in particular

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Went to it last week and must say it has improved. While still one or two stalls I wouldn't trust it did seem to be much better overall. There was even a big bouncing castle there. Passed by yesterday but didn't go in, no sign of a castle then tho. Was it just for a special occassion I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sundaygirl55

Hard to know , the one in Naas Race course is very well organised and had plenty of variety there . Worth a visit if you were in the area:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Who's the contact for setting up a stall there, I've a rake of stuff I could sell???

Advertisement