Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods

Options
  • 12-10-2009 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Just wondering does anybody know any good Mod pubs and clubs in Dublin that play etc The Jam and The Who music.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ocsfan

Gonna give this a bump! I have a daughter who'd die to go to a club like this. We've just moved here from the US and she could use the company of some like-minded souls. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

maybe the 80's club on nassau street?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've definitely heard the Jam being played a few times in O'Reillys under Tara St station- however a mod bar, it is not. More a rock bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

be doing well to find a 'mod bar' anywhere really unless you go back to 1982.Was their anywhere back in the day? did mods and punks hate each other in ireland?

I guess I was looking more for a 60's/Northern Soul type club...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

ocsfan wrote: »
    I guess I was looking more for a 60's/Northern Soul type club...

Club might be pushing it. I doubt there's going to be a whole club devoted to a niche genre like that. Keep an eye out for a club running a night of that type of music.

Club might be pushing it. I doubt there's going to be a whole club devoted to a niche genre like that. Keep an eye out for a club running a night of that type of music.

Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned that I'd love to find a club that might have that kind of night once a month or whatever...

Thanks, though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055079364

Found a link from the above boards thread. It mentions Northern Soul.

http://sleeplessnightsns.tripod.com/

Looks like you've missed the most recent event though, (15th december)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭bullpost

The foggy Dew near Temple Bar plays a lot of this type of music, but its not exclusively mod.
    ocsfan wrote: »
    Gonna give this a bump! I have a daughter who'd die to go to a club like this. We've just moved here from the US and she could use the company of some like-minded souls. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

Perfect thread title for a heads-up on this one:
    Paul Weller and Bradley Wiggins chat and tunes today BBC6 Music 1-3pm.

I may have to gag the children this afternoon folks :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

The Thomas House run regular nights that should fit the bill. Have a look for them on facebook,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    The Thomas House run regular nights that should fit the bill. Have a look for them on facebook,

+1 on Thomas house. Good chance they throw a night like that. Also Sin é on the keys might do something or dice bar.

• Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

notnumber wrote: »
    be doing well to find a 'mod bar' anywhere really unless you go back to 1982.Was their anywhere back in the day? did mods and punks hate each other in ireland?
    Mods and skas hated each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

SubBusted wrote: »
    Mods and skas hated each other.

That might have been a local thing to where you lived.. but they definately didnt hate each other widely..

NSRA weekends (in the UK) would have both mods and skas at them.. and many many of the bands would also have both listening to them live..

Advertisement