Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone on vodafone ready to go internet and MMS settings

Options
  • 12-10-2009 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi everyone! I've had MAJOR problems trying to set up the Internet connection and MMS settings on my vodafone prepay factory unlocked iPhone after the latest apple update! There's a lot of very fractured (and incorrect information on the www about setting up the iPhone on vodafone ready to go! All information out there is telling me to use the APN: isp.vodafone.ie but it just never worked for me! I wasn't sure whether to post this here or under vodafone so I'll leave it up to the moderator to decide!

So in case annyone else has the same/similar problem: For a 3g apple (factory unlocked) iPhone on vodafone prepay:
    Go to settings > general > network > cellular data network, and input:

Cellular data

APN: live.vodafone.com
    username: dublin
    password: dublin

MMS:

APN:
    mms.vodafone.net
    username: dublin
    password: dublin
    homepage: http://www.vodafone.ie/mms
    proxy address: 10.24.59.200:80

With these setting you're charged 99c per day for 50mb of usage! Just make sure your iPhone 3g has been updated to support mms (if your jailbroken unfortunately I don't think it's possible) and check with vodafone that your mms profile is activated. Good luck and I hope this are helpful to anyone else having same problem! It's really really frustrating! Thankfully after MANY unsuccessful attempts access to email, Internet and use of mms messaging is now running smoothly with these!

Amanda

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

change apn to isp.vodafone.ie
    should do the trick for interweb

Advertisement