Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what happens now?

Options
  • 12-10-2009 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Hi I only discovered Blackout a couple of weeks ago and am quite interested to know what happens now?
    So the season is over, but when does the new season start?
    I'm yet to have a home game and so am very worried that my expenses will exceed my earnings. I have no idea about my prospective income...

I don't know if i can afford to buy players improve the facilities or what not.
    Not sure if this helps but i'm in division 4 with a stadium of capacity 5,000(i just came second in the playoffs)! I also came fourth in the league but i wasn't there for that...

Also, while i'm here do i incur a cost in firing a player? I have quite a few who are completely useless and have a salary of €40k or that...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

There's no cost in firing a player who you've had from the start. There would be if you recently bought him in (I think it's if you bought him in the last 8 weeks or something but I'm not sure)

I think the season should start next week. I wouldn't be overly worried about finances, just finished first season (in div IV) and had a capacity of 5000 up until last week. I was able to spend a good amount (over 100000) on players, and a little on facilities (level 2 training and coaches and a recent upgrade of stadium to about 5500 capacity) and still be in the black (just) although that was with prize money etc. In hindsight I would have spent a bit less on players and more on facilities.

You joined at an awkward time with no match this week but if your similar to me you'll lose money on weeks playing away and make money weeks playing at home and these will reasonably cancel each other out. I hope that helps a bit, hopefully another person's reply will tell you if I was the norm (I don't mean to or want to accidently mislead you :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Effluo wrote: »
    I'm yet to have a home game and so am very worried that my expenses will exceed my earnings. I have no idea about my prospective income...
    Don't worry. You'll have plenty of room for manouvre starting out. Expect to make about 60k profit each home game with the 5000 seat stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

mar-z wrote: »
    You joined at an awkward time with no match this week but if your similar to me you'll lose money on weeks playing away and make money weeks playing at home and these will reasonably cancel each other out. I hope that helps a bit, hopefully another person's reply will tell you if I was the norm (I don't mean to or want to accidently mislead you :p)

ya that was the norm for me too. Lost money on away games and gained at the home games which was badly needed as i was in the red for alot of this last season. Came first in the playoffs though so got plenty of prize money. U should def hire a level 2 financial advisor fairly soon on as this will give u a lot more lee way and money to use. Also try and develop your stadium. it brings in most of the money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Yup Stadium in my opinion and the rest can follow - my mistake was taking out the standing too early. in my head it was "they give **** money get rid & put in seating" doesnt work like that so i had no money and a small stadium...:D opps!

Advertisement