Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing hair permanently

Options
  • 12-10-2009 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hey,

I would like to know what you guys think about permanently removing hair from a body part where you want a tattoo.
    I will be getting my calf tattoo in 2 weeks and even though my calves are not very hairy, I am still afraid, that my black hairs will take some of the color of my tattoo.
    Did you get your hair removed? Is epilation possible on tattooed skin? Does hair even grow under tattoed skin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Generally the extent of hair removal is that the tattoo artist shaves the area prior to tattooing.

And yes, the hair grows back through the tattoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i know of a guy who got laser hair removal for his tattoos, it is an option but a very expensive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My mates getting lazer before he gets his chest piece.
    Its expensive but I'd say it's worth it, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Or a couple of Euro for some bic razors.....shave it yourself every few days.
    I shave my forearms every few days....looks fine to me! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jordank

can you get laser hair removal after a tattoo is done? (1 year later)
    will the laser damage the tat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't chance it personally speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DhalsimHibiki

Yea, I think I will do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Iamcharlie

Anyone actually ever done laser hair removal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Would hair growing back through a freshly done tattoo ruin it in any way? Probably a stupid question, just thinking of possible tattoo project in the future. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

Bic? Are ya mad? At least invest in a Gillette Venus or something! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

What about that Veet hair removal cream or whatever it's called, that might do the job for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 krystel

Guys, you can still wax after getting tattooed. you just cant touch the area where you've been tattooed for a couple of weeks that's about it.

and hairs growing back on a freshly done tattoo wouldnt make any difference to the colour either :)

Advertisement