Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you withdraw a planning objection?

Options
  • 12-10-2009 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

If a person or party makes a planning objection against a development planning permission, can they then withdraw their objection before the decision deadline has been made?

Or is it a case of once its been submitted theres no withdrawing at all?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

If a person or party makes a planning objection against a development planning permission, can they then withdraw their objection before the decision deadline has been made?

Or is it a case of once its been submitted theres no withdrawing at all?
    Thanks.

I believe you can. contact ur local planning office. I ahve seen applications with an objection and then a letter saying u withdraw that objection, because, u have say spoken to the other party and sorted it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You cant physically have the letter of objection removed from the file but you can follow it up with another letter stating that you no longer wish to have your observations/objections taken into account when a decision is being made on the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

muffler wrote: »
    You cant physically have the letter of objection removed from the file but you can follow it up with another letter stating that you no longer wish to have your observations/objections taken into account when a decision is being made on the application.

Thats what i meant !. Exactly. Its all their for ever.
    But if u did make an objection, why now are u removing it..is it because the issue is resolved? if so, make this clear in the letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭bushykangaroo

The development in question is now at a "further information requeted" stage, however the 2 things it requests information on arent really related to the poins in my objection. Does this mean they dont believe the points I raised to be of any significance or would it be more likely that they are buying themselves more time to consider the application/objections properly.

There is no way this proposed development will satisfy the sight lines as its on a dangerous blind bend 80km road which is a point i raised in the objecton but this isnt mentioned in the further information request, does this seem that the planners dont see the sightlines a problem. Or maybe a planner hasnte come out and looked at the site yet and is using the FIR as a time buyer?

Does anyone at all have an opinion on this, why arent the planners addressing the points i raised in the submission via their further information request?

• Advertisement

Does anyone at all have an opinion on this, why arent the planners addressing the points i raised in the submission via their further information request?
    Really and truly to get a specific answer to a specific question you should ask the planner who is dealing with it.

In saying that the planner Im sure would have taken your comments into account before seeking further information. He/she were obviously happy that they had enough information available to them to take into account the points you raised.

On a general note there is a misconception that if you object to a planning application then it will be refused. That is not the case and while making observations/objections will highlight certain issues it does not automatically result in a refusal.

I understand that Muffler, it just seems strange that the existing entrance to this field is on a dangerous blind bend that in no way possible can satisfy a clearsight line of 60m assuming 60m is the minimum, theres not even 6m sight clear to the right when exiting. I thought to obtain planning with this entrance would be refused outright without me even subitting an objection. It clearly doesnt meet the requirements.

Can the planner ask for more information and then refuse the planning on something that wasnt brought up in the points raised for his request of more information. Could the planning still be refused on sight lines even if these wernt mentioned in the more info request?:confused:

Also, would the planner have actually left his office and viewed this site, because its plain to any layman that this is a dangerous bend and that sight linesare practically non-existant in 1 direction and not brillnt in the other either. :eek:

Thanks for the replies so far people.

To answer a couple of your points. The planner would visit the site and there would also be an inspection made by a roads engineer who would submit a report on the sight lines, drainage etc.

The planner can refuse the application (if merited) either before or after seeking further information.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,061 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I understand that Muffler, it just seems strange that the existing entrance to this field is on a dangerous blind bend that in no way possible can satisfy a clearsight line of 60m assuming 60m is the minimum, theres not even 6m sight clear to the right when exiting. I thought to obtain planning with this entrance would be refused outright without me even subitting an objection. It clearly doesnt meet the requirements.

Can the planner ask for more information and then refuse the planning on something that wasnt brought up in the points raised for his request of more information. Could the planning still be refused on sight lines even if these wernt mentioned in the more info request?:confused:

Also, would the planner have actually left his office and viewed this site, because its plain to any layman that this is a dangerous bend and that sight linesare practically non-existant in 1 direction and not brillnt in the other either. :eek:

Thanks for the replies so far people.

You refer to the 'existing' entrance to the field....

is the new domestic entrance proposed in the same location???

sydthebeat wrote: »
    You refer to the 'existing' entrance to the field....

is the new domestic entrance proposed in the same location???

Yes, theres no mention of moving it on the drawings and I find it strange that the drawings/application doesnt go into detail about how they plan to deal with the entrance, like cutting trees, etc... to try improve visibility, but they dont own the trees and that wouldnt help the sight around the corner anyway as its literally on a bend.

Its as if they submitted the planning applcation and are just chancing their arm regards the entrance hoping nothing will be said. :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement