Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hearing Assessment

Options
  • 12-10-2009 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

I have failing hearing and am on a waiting list for a Hearing Assessment Clinic but am advised that it could be up to two years before I am seen. I feel I may have to go privately. I asked the public hearing clinic if they could point me in the direction of private hearing assessment clinics but their suggestion was 'try Golden Pages'!! Can anyone offer me any advice from their own experience, or even suggestions as to what I should look for in such a clinic i.e. what professional bodies or organisations should they belong to. I live in County Wexford but can travel. Hope I am posting in the correct forum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

2 year waiting list , sweet jesus , you could be deaf as a post by the time you get assessed . I am sure your G.P. could steer you toward a private clinic or consultant.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭flipsat

Thank you for reply........ 2 years is just too long, especially if you don't know what the exact problem is and whether there is anything that can be done to avoid further deterioration. I see if the GP can make a referral to a private clinic but I was hoping someone out there would be able to suggest a professional from personal experience.
    In the meantime I am signed up for an 8 week course in lip reading starting 22nd October, maybe there will be some ideas there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

flipsat wrote: »
    Thank you for reply........ 2 years is just too long, especially if you don't know what the exact problem is and whether there is anything that can be done to avoid further deterioration. I see if the GP can make a referral to a private clinic but I was hoping someone out there would be able to suggest a professional from personal experience.
    In the meantime I am signed up for an 8 week course in lip reading starting 22nd October, maybe there will be some ideas there.

your GP should be your starting point for this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement