Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dressmaking

Options
  • 11-10-2009 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all. I have just re-awakened my interest in dressmaking. I used to do a lot of it over the years, but haven't really done any for the past few years. Anyway I decided to take it up again and what a surprise I got when I went to purchase fabric and a pattern. Gosh the price of everything has gone up so much. The Pattern was 12.75 and - wait for it - the fabric I needed to make a ladies top, chiffon material and co-ordinating lining type material was 68 euros (including discount) so nearly 80 euros to make a top, Hello?????? no wonder dressmaking has gone out of fashion when you can buy clothes so much cheaper. I recently bought a designer top in sale for 59euros. Any ideas on buying patterns and fabric online?

Advertisement