Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher Problem "Leek prevention system"

Options
  • 11-10-2009 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hope some one here might be able to help,
    I have an Electrolux Dishwasher Model No. ESL 6225 which will not run and according to the user manual it is the Leak prevention system has been triggered.

Is there a fairly simple re-set for this or an easy repair that I could do myself ( I am fairly competent ) or is it a new machine????

All help greatly appreciated,
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Zith

Had problems with a Hotpoint before. Should be similar. The leak prevention mechanism was a tray underneath where any leaking water would collect. In the center of that was a float and a switch. A few mm of water would trip the switch (correctly thankfully).

We had to fix the leaky door seal then remove the back panel to drain the water from the collection pan before it would work again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭gar.k

It will be a similar set up to what Zith said. The first thing you will have to do is identify the leak and fix it before you can remove the water from the float switch.usually it is a door seal or the seal around the wash motor

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

Thanks for that. Got it sorted.....

Advertisement