Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRIBAL DESIGN

Options
  • 11-10-2009 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭

Im looking to get a tribal design from my hip to my foot. if anybody has any designs that they would like to share would they plz post them here thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DhalsimHibiki

I could be awefully wrong with this but I read some threads and get the impression, that tribals are not very popular here ;-)

I have no tattoo as of yet so dont take me too seriously but I would advise you to take a different patern or picture. Every second tattooed person has a trible so you see, its not very original to begin with and asking other people for their tribal patterns is even less original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

for some reason i would like to have a tattoo wrapped around my leg dont know why but i do.. it doesnt have to be a tribal design .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

It's really upto you to do the research yourself to figure out what you like but if your looking for "solid" coverage from your hip to your foot I'd go with traditional Japanese. The black windbars/wave background is really solid and because it's so dark it makes the colours on the main pieces like say koi, lotus flowers, peonys, cherry blossoms, a tiger, dragon, geisha or whatever stand out and the colour looks even brighter this imo is why the traditional stuff looks so much better then the new wave with coloured backgrounds. Tommy in Classic Ink and Joe in Connected both do great Jap work as does Karen Russell in Cork and Joe Myler in Waterford.

*edit* you live in Waterford, so you've got easy access to a world class artist in Joe Myler. I'd definitely go talk to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

Ye will go to joe He is doing my portrait around christmas so will have plenty of time to talk to him;)

Advertisement