Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you played every game you own?

Options
  • 11-10-2009 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Just looking at my DC collection, I've got nearly 180 games and if I've played 50 of them, I'd be going well. In my defense, around 40 of them are Japanese language, so one day.... But there are dozens that are never see the inside of my Dreamcast despite that fact that it's hooked up to a TV right now.

So am I alone, or do those of you with large collections still find time for a bit of Shenmue or Sonic Adventure from time to time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

No, not even close.

Must have almost 200 Megadrive games now. (Haven't counted em in a while!) Would imagine half of them have been given a decent play time. The rest maybe plugged in to make sure they work and that's it. Although I know of a few that haven't even made it out of the box yet.

Same with my ps1 & n64 games. Managed to pick up a large amount a couple of years back when they were being sold off. Been stored away in a closet since.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, bought a box of 70 odd spectrum games over the summer on ebay and haven't played any of them yet. (Can't get any of my spectrums to work)

Kind of sad when you think about it. So many games, sitting there...not being played. Kind of feel bad for them now.

Thanks OP! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Absolutely not. There just arent enough hours in the day. I seem to buy more games than I actually play. It's hazardous for me to go into a games shop with a sale because I'll come out with a bag of games I'll probably never play

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It gets put in the system for a quick go to see if it works then gets forgotten about until it's choosen. Even then I've a few that haven't been touched.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No I haven't, there are a few here and there that have yet to be played, Shadow of Rome on the PS2, for example.
    If I needed to finish every game I own I'd have to stop buying games right now and maybe, just maybe, I'd live long enough to complete them, but I'm not making any promises!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

I'm not even close,some game's I've only got through the first few levels ,other's I haven't even started yet.I'm getting my redundancy this week so I guess I'll have some time to catch up :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No I haven't, there are a few here and there that have yet to be played, Shadow of Rome on the PS2, for example.
    If I needed to finish every game I own I'd have to stop buying games right now and maybe, just maybe, I'd live long enough to complete them, but I'm not making any promises!

Ah! Play it now! The stealth bits are tedious, but the arena sections are just brilliant.

Slice off one arm. Break the other. Watch them stumble about dazed with the broken arm flopping about. Then pick up the severed arm and beat them to death with the soggy end.

You know, when you write it down it seems a lot more sadistic than it actually is...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really really want to finish all my games but I know it's an impossiblity :( I've had to prioritise and there's a few games I'm just going to have to leave on the shelf that just aren't good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I really really want to finish all my games but I know it's an impossiblity :( I've had to prioritise and there's a few games I'm just going to have to leave on the shelf that just aren't good enough.

are they your "special" children, the ones you love but don't get as much attention as the rest?

superfly wrote: »
    are they your "special" children, the ones you love but don't get as much attention as the rest?

Nope, just the ****ty JRPGs I bought when i went through my phase of buying every JRPG going. An average action game will have more chance of being played since at least it will be over in about 6 hours.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I really have to get up there and stuck into a few of them alright.
    I was also having a looky at the 360 collection and they are stacking up, as are the Wii games, no chance I will ever get back to 90% of them.
    I mean, I couldn't wait for Madworld, got it, played it for a day, haven't gone back...
    Earth Defence Force and Lost Planet are calling too.

As for Dead Rising, I got stuck on the pesky clown and couldn't get past, feck, hate that, a game killing boss so early on, ruining the rest of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Not a chance... I'm keep going back to games even though I've completed them leaving some unplayed forever....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I've got my 26-inch CRT down from the attic and it's now hooked up to a region free DC, so my project to play every game I own at least once starts here. Oh God.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Cool,see you December 2010 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Cool,see you December 2010 :D

In my defense, I said play every game, which in some cases is "ooh, it's yet another 2d fighter slash racer slash sports game, I'll spent 5mins tops on this." But yeah, with the likes of Shenmue, PSO and Skies of Arcadia, not to mention all the Res Evil games all in the mix, Dec 2010 might even be optimistic.

Ah well, we're in the middle of a recession and I've already paid for these games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Depends on what you mean by "Played" - I had a quick go at Deus Ex 2 and wasn't really impressed so I decided to leave it for later... later never came! Other than that, every game I've bought myself I've played... Bought a computer off a friend of mine and with it came part of his game collection some of which I've never even installed though.

I had half-life for years before I finally got bored enough to install it! And was mightily impressed...

Advertisement