Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Jet MP3 Sound Level Problem

Options
  • 11-10-2009 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

When playing back MP3 files through earphones the sound volume is too low to be properly heard about street traffic. This is not helped by setting the sound level to maximum ( shown as 14 on the screen) The same problem does not occur with radio where the sound level is fine. Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Ernest wrote: »

When playing back MP3 files through earphones the sound volume is too low to be properly heard about street traffic. This is not helped by setting the sound level to maximum ( shown as 14 on the screen) The same problem does not occur with radio where the sound level is fine. Any ideas anyone?

Are you using the the earphones out of the box WITH that handsfree-adapter-extension-thingy? That handsfree thing robs you of about 40% of the volume! Try plugging decent earphones straight into the phone, much louder!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Ernest

Strecker's comment made me look at the extension cable for the earphones again and only then did I notice a tiny rotary swich for changing the volume so Strecker was right after all - the out of the box earphone cable was reducing volume by about 40% - but only because the little rotary volume wheel on my set was turned down. I have now increased it to maximum and use the phone set's own screen volume control only and - NO PROBLEM ANYMORE. I feel so stupid...

Advertisement