Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lookin for best locations to investigate

Options
  • 10-10-2009 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

ok so thanks mainly to this forum i have nearly got what i think is a good team to do some investigating .also thanks to all who gave their advice .now i am looking for some GOOD locations .so if you could help me out it would be great .thanks again to all who helped us out so far and there were many.and i guess i will meet most of you at paracon:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Have you sorted yourself out with equipment and a team that will work well together, have you attended any investigations yourself and have the rest of your team? You are going into a situation which is psychologically stressful both on you and the people who live in the place you want to investigate and are you ready to approach that in a responsible manner? Do you know what the equipment you have actually does, such as surface temp readers and EMF meters. I think these are important questions for your own safety and that of those in your team and anyone on this forum that has encouraged you to go out and start investigating without actually being involved in the paranormal for a while already and learning from others first from doing a series of investigations is highly irresponsible.

This is all just prompted by your post of already having a team together but not actually knowing any locations to investigate. Sorry if it offends you but from doing this for almost 5 years its the truth. I was involved in investigations for almost a year before there was any talk of joining any teams. Not saying im an expert, I just wouldnt take my fully branded team away on their first investigation if no one had a clue what they were doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭paranormal

Grimes wrote: »
    Have you sorted yourself out with equipment and a team that will work well together, have you attended any investigations yourself and have the rest of your team? You are going into a situation which is psychologically stressful both on you and the people who live in the place you want to investigate and are you ready to approach that in a responsible manner? Do you know what the equipment you have actually does, such as surface temp readers and EMF meters. I think these are important questions for your own safety and that of those in your team and anyone on this forum that has encouraged you to go out and start investigating without actually being involved in the paranormal for a while already and learning from others first from doing a series of investigations is highly irresponsible.

This is all just prompted by your post of already having a team together but not actually knowing any locations to investigate. Sorry if it offends you but from doing this for almost 5 years its the truth. I was involved in investigations for almost a year before there was any talk of joining any teams. Not saying im an expert, I just wouldnt take my fully branded team away on their first investigation if no one had a clue what they were doing.
    yea most of the team have been on investigations before .and in the past we have had some experience with haunted locations (haveing lived in one for 15 years).but as far as i can see you have to start somewhere and you can only go on investigations with other groups for so long and eventually you want to do it with a group of like minded people who admittedly are not experts but i dont believe many people would call themselves experts.as far as equipment is concerned we have a good mix of people most of which have a very good understanding of what does what and how to use it properly.as for not knowing locations i thought this was a forum where people share information and i didn't think people minded sharing this information. as i will do if i have anything to share

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭paranormal

DelIPIC wrote: »
    Just from our own experience .You should stick to do non residential investigations , until you feel that you are ready to conduct them both professionally and responsibly. Remember this is someones home we're talking about . Just some friendly advice , that we also got when we were starting off.
    thanks for that we dont have any intention of going into peoples houses for a long time not until we have alot more experience after all we are only starting out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

A lot of people seem to start off at Charleville castle. Quiet a large location to cover but not the most constructively safe as a lot of it is under renovations.

Good luck with the team, do take what people say on board, I know grimes well at this stage and some of his points are very valid especially the psychological one.

Best of luck.. and keep us informed of your adventures.

Advertisement