Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently doing Acess in UCD History/Politics...looking to next year..

Options
  • 10-10-2009 9:20pm

I'm half thinking of applying to Trinity next year to do something in politics. One option I've been looking at is Politics and Law. Now the points for this are something massive, like 580 or so. How difficult would this be to get into as a mature student?

I'm pretty sure I have the aptitude for it, but really need to decide whether to stick to a Hist/Pol degree or go a different route.

Anyone here who's done said course or have anything to add?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

When applying as a mature student, forget about points. Mature student entry is totally different. Have you checked out how many mature places are available? I know 2 girls doing Law at TCD and they got in through the Trinity Access programme (I think with Pearse College) so I'm sure the UCD Access course will be looked on favourably. (I got in with the Science Access course).

Go to the open day and see if you could speak to some students. Maybe contact the Mature Student Officer, her name is Clodagh Byrne and see if she could put you in contact with someone in the course or give you advice.

Also, try get some sort of work experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

oh and don't half think about it, DO IT!!! :)

Advertisement