Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flaming Lips-Embryonic

Options
  • 10-10-2009 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭

Just having my first listen to the Flaming Lips new album Embryonic.

Fcuking brilliant is all i can say. Very edgy.

Me likey. Alot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

As far as Lips go IMO
    Transmissions From The Satelleite Heart=awesome
    Soft Bulletin=first 3 are good,not so sure after that
    Yoshimi=couple of good singles,some daft stuff
    At War With The Mystics=crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Umm, but have you listened to the new album? Thats kinda what i'm getting at here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

I havn't,although I like the single off it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Which song have they released as a single?

This track is really standing out for me:

Sound is borked on my netbook, so apologies if this is not the album version of Worm Mountain. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

As far as Lips go IMO
    Transmissions From The Satelleite Heart=awesome
    Soft Bulletin=first 3 are good,not so sure after that
    Yoshimi=couple of good singles,some daft stuff
    At War With The Mystics=crap.
    I'll agree with most of what you've said there but The Soft Bulletin is also an excellent album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

When is this onsale? In love with these guys... really enjoyable interetesing musically with epic ideas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

First listen for me tonight, in love with it already. A fantastic record.

Favourite track for now is Silver Trembling Hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

Hello

Like the album so far. But why is there only one disk? Says it's a double cd, yet i only have one cd but all the tracks!!! whats going on???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I've been an obsessive Lips fan for about seven years, I only managed to get this today.

I've listened to the first half, and so far I'm not too impressed.

The Soft Bulletin is in my opinion the greatest album ever recorded, and Clouds Taste Metallic is probably my second favourite album ever. The Flaming Lips 1995 - 1999 is my favourite era of any band ever.

This new stuff, I dunno, it sounds a little lazy. And they've been playing the same show for yonks. I hope this album marks a change in their live career, at least.

loveissuicide; I don't know what you're trying to contribute here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Really getting into this record after a few listens. Absolutely loved Soft Bulletin when it came out, and still do. Agree that the live show is a bit samey if you've seen them more than a few times - my favourite gig is still the first time I saw them with Cornelius in the Olympia. Second time around I guess you know what to expect a little more.

New stuff sounds great though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Only listened to it once in full so far and I really like it. There's a few really great tracks on it but I think it's one of those albums the will require a fair few listens to really appreciate it. Very trippy..

Advertisement