Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying to CAO

Options
  • 10-10-2009 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking at going to college next september. I was going to go this year but left it too late to apply. I have found out that the schools have already been sent out the 2010 CAO Handbooks and applications form and can start applying from Nov 1 which is only about 3 weeks away. How do I obtain a CAO handbook ? I emailed them on friday but no reply. Also is there an interview for every course a mature student applies for ? I read you are allowed to apply for a maximum of 10 courses so I intend to prioritise and apply for 10. Does this mean I have 10 interviews coming up ?

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I think you have to ring them for the CAO handbook. I think applying on-line is easier but whichever you prefer. Don't worry, the deadline for mature applicants is 1st February 2010.

Yes, you could possibly be called for interview for all 10 of your choices but it's more than likely that you would only be called for a couple -depending if you already qualify with your educational background, or if the uni interviews for the course or you didn't make the short list or didn't fit the criteria.

I would try to focus your application on the top 3 choices and the rest have as back up courses.

I put up some tips on applying as a mature student : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055676871 You might find some of it helpful.

Advertisement