Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Ghost Radar" iPhone App

Options
  • 10-10-2009 4:02pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Stumbled across this iPhone app called Ghost Radar. THe makers dont really explain very well how it works and what it picks up but it does have one interesting feature. It tries translate certain things it picks up into words.

http://www.spudpickles.com/GhostRadar

I dont really give much credibility to the radar bit with the blips, but already with the spoken words i have had some interesting results.

When leaving the office, it spoke with word "Later" and also mentioned "Peter".

While its not going to prove anything supernatural, you could have some fun with it on an investigation I suppose or in a haunted house. I guess the ultimate test would be to have 2 iphones running the app in the same location.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

faceman wrote: »
    Stumbled across this iPhone app called Ghost Radar. THe makers dont really explain very well how it works and what it picks up but it does have one interesting feature. It tries translate certain things it picks up into words.

http://www.spudpickles.com/GhostRadar

I dont really give much credibility to the radar bit with the blips, but already with the spoken words i have had some interesting results.

When leaving the office, it spoke with word "Later" and also mentioned "Peter".

While its not going to prove anything supernatural, you could have some fun with it on an investigation I suppose or in a haunted house. I guess the ultimate test would be to have 2 iphones running the app in the same location.

does it speak like Stephen Hawking? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ive been playing more with this app in the last few days with interesting results. Used it while walking through a WW1 graveyard with some great results. At one point it was like i was been giving directions of gravestones to see!

Of course it could be entirely random with coincidences making it seem better than it actually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

i wouldnt put much faith in a device that just spits out random words tbh. Bit like the whole Frank's Box idea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

iamhunted wrote: »
    i wouldnt put much faith in a device that just spits out random words tbh. Bit like the whole Frank's Box idea

I've heard of Frank's Box. More EVP oriented isn't it? Have you used one? Are they crap?

Advertisement