Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erdinger longnecks in pubs -whats next?

Options
  • 10-10-2009 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭

I saw longneck erdingers in an offie a few months ago. I thought uh-oh won't be long before the pubs get these in, and now I have noticed they have. I started a thread about the ridiculous price of long necks before. And it is my theory why bulmers pint bottles are so expensive. Pubs have bulmers on draught say €5, a long neck is usually more these days, so say €5.20 so then they go and price the pint bottle in line with the longneck I have heard of pubs charging €8.60.

I can imagine this happening with erdinger and other decent beers now. e.g. in many pubs a pint of erdinger might be €5.40, and the 500ml bottle would be around the same. But I can now see them charging say €5.20 for a heineken longneck, €5.40 for a erdinger longneck (since it is usually dearer than heineken), and then would not be surprised if we do start seeing 500ml bottle of erdinger going for €6-8 like bulmers.

I expect many pubs are just directly swopping the 500ml with the 330ml and charging the exact same.

I wonder what is next, I think I have seen budvar longnecks in offies too, a sad day...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭oconn

I saw them in dunnes alright lately....never saw them in Germany so maybe its to suit our particular beer market...we are pure lambs when it comes to beer choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

were taxed to hilt on it, that's all that's wrong, for one for one of the best drinking countrys in the world our government are really taking advantage, shame on them:(

http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/article_1018076.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

rubadub wrote: »
    then would not be surprised if we do start seeing 500ml bottle of erdinger going for €6-8 like bulmers.

A lot of places in Dublin city are charging €6 for Erdinger already. I never drink the long neck version of most beers unless there is a particularly good offer on them so I wont be going near long neck Erdinger.

I myself would be fairly price sensitive to any increase in the price of an Erdinger as I think pubs are over charging as it is.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

that's all that's wrong

It's definately definately not all thats wrong

Advertisement