Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BERs & New Program for Government

Options
  • 10-10-2009 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

Proposed Renewed Programme for Government
    10th October 2009

I wonder if this statement in the new program will actually change anything?
    Looks as if they might take BERs more seriously?

We will raise awareness of Building Energy Ratings (BER), by making it
    mandatory to display BERs wherever a property is advertised for sale or to let,
    including signage and printed/online advertising.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Lip service only....

when a politician says "we will" they mean "take us seriously", lets wait and see..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Is it not mandatory already!! Its just not enforced like everything else!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭SilverBER

They must have written the SEI code of practice too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Its not mandatory yet to display the BER on the advertisement, but it will be under revised EU EPBD legislation, and if the Irish government wants to bring it in now under national legislation, it can. Stop knocking the Greens;vote for them instead.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,266 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The greens are getting a hammering in the media, and thus in public opinion, because of their dilution of principles. But i consider it 'manning up' to the realities of governance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Exactly, they have pushed through a good proportion of policies while under fire, which is a lot better than complaining from the opposition benches.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,266 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i wouldnt consider myself aligned to any political party, but i can plainly see that both green ministers are the hardest working ministers in the dail, and are responsible for the most significant policies to be introduced in the last 3 years. Im very interested in seeing John Gormleys new 'planning bill'.

I do think however, that the 'university tuition fee' issue will come back to bite them in the posterior.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

sydthebeat wrote: »
    i wouldnt consider myself aligned to any political party, but i can plainly see that both green ministers are the hardest working ministers in the dail, and are responsible for the most significant policies to be introduced in the last 3 years. Im very interested in seeing John Gormleys new 'planning bill'.

I do think however, that the 'university tuition fee' issue will come back to bite them in the posterior.

QIA

It amazes me how the green party actually produced two politicians, let alone two good ministers.
    Problem is that Irish people don't pay much attention to Environment, Communications or Energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

sydthebeat wrote: »

I think getting into bed with Fianna Fail will kill them, just because its in a programme for Government dosn't mean it will happen but they have given the green light for NAMA, which will be held against them for ever when it becomes apparent that it is a complete disaster!!

Advertisement