Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway to Dublin by City link - which station??

Options
  • 10-10-2009 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me/ I'm booking the one euro tickets on Citylink to go from Dublin to Galway, then back from Galway to Dublin.

Now I know where the bus leaves dublin, but when it comes to where it leaves me off in galway.. Well basically I want to be dropped close to the city centre, I hear that there's a drop off point near Eyre Square. So which choice should I choose in the drop down menu?

They're giving me the choice of 'Galway Tourist Office, New Coach Station', 'Galway, GMIT', or simply 'Galway'.

So does anyone have any idea which one would get me closer to the city, as I have to get a taxi or bus out to the Clayton hotel for a wedding?

Cheers! :3
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Galway Tourist Office, New Coach Station

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Yunalesca wrote: »
    Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me/ I'm booking the one euro tickets on Citylink to go from Dublin to Galway, then back from Galway to Dublin.

Now I know where the bus leaves dublin, but when it comes to where it leaves me off in galway.. Well basically I want to be dropped close to the city centre, I hear that there's a drop off point near Eyre Square. So which choice should I choose in the drop down menu?

They're giving me the choice of 'Galway Tourist Office, New Coach Station', 'Galway, GMIT', or simply 'Galway'.

So does anyone have any idea which one would get me closer to the city, as I have to get a taxi or bus out to the Clayton hotel for a wedding?

Cheers! :3

Tourist Office/New Coach Station are beside each other.

GMIT is fractionally closer to the Clayton, but you need luck to get a taxi passing, they queue up for you at Coach Station...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

If you get off at the new coach station you're about 2 minutes away from Eyre Square, where bus #9 leaves every 15 minutes M-Sat until 7pm, and every 30 minutes thereafter. On Sundays it goes every 30 minutes and then every hour.

If you get off at the top of the doughiska road (the briarhill/coynes stop), it's about a 4 minute walk to the Clayton.

Advertisement