Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AutoXchange goes into liquidation.

Options
  • 10-10-2009 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

AutoXchange countrywide, has gone into liquidation as reported in todays Examiner. A provisional liquidator was appointed, debts of over 1 million. I can't say i'm surprised tbh. Another one bites the dust.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Ouch, Mr. Casey must be feeling the pinch :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Guys I think its important to note that alot of the guys going bust or winding up companys are opening up shortly afterwards again. Its not that these guys are finished but more like they are pressing the reset button. Walk away from an over burdened company with huge overheads like company debt, wages and rents and start again down the road ( probably using personal finances cause no bank is lending ) with lower rents, lower wages and zero debt and a que of suppliers looking to do business with them before they themselves go under. Funny old world out there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Sorry for the staff but they're no great loss really

• Registered Users Posts: 51,140 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I never liked the standard of their stock anyways. Always seemed to have rough ex hire or ex fleet cars parked on top of each other and never found them cheaper than a regular dealer which is the entented purpose of a car type supermarket is it not?

Other than the jobs I don't think they will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I won't miss their spam text messages anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Ouch, Mr. Casey must be feeling the pinch :(

Which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

AutoX was / is owned by Gerry Casey of Casey's Ballina / Castlelbar, brother of the Casey's in Athlone / Roscommon / Leitrim that recently went under.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i'm surprised mike brewer didn't come to they're rescue he was often doing personal appearances for them

http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/dni-media/mu-24/media-10914-28331.jpg

fryup wrote: »
    i'm surprised mike brewer didn't come to they're rescue he was often doing personal appearances for them

Mike has always been into junk too!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Which one?

The one that owns it. On a personal level he actually seemed like a sound out chap, and well up for a good craic of a weekend. Can't comment what he's like to work for though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

just as well!!!

just as well!!!

SO three months ago dude! :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    SO three months ago dude! :p

Indeed.
    Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement