Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hyperbolic Trig - source needed to learn this!

Options
  • 10-10-2009 7:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm doing calculus and I'm required to differentiate hyperbolic trig functions without ever having learned them in their original glory. I have only minute sources on Euler's formula and 2 pages telling me about the letter e to the x minus e to the minus x over 2. Is there no original source for these to study them in depth? Perhaps somebody could recommend some books and links with more than a two minute briefing on what you are ordered to know, something showing proofs and deriving them etc... They seem extremely useful in learning special relativity and I've heard it said that all of trigonometry can be summed up using them so I'm pretty eager to learn them.
    Really Appreciated - Gratias Tibi Ago :)
    Tagged:

Advertisement