Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

new paintball society in ITB

• 09-10-2009 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, i'm the new paintball society CEO for ITB (Institute of tech, blanchardstown)
    I was hoping to get some advice from you guys on a few topics. The direction of the society will be defined by the budget, which will be quite small. I was wondering would be possible to fund a train a team for paintball on a small budget, as i know booking skirmish is 40pp and 10 euro per 100 pellets, which is a lot of money over a few outings. I had an idea that i'd train with Airsoft rifles, as they're quite cheap, and the tactics involved would transfer over quite easily. But i am new to running societies and i'm not too experienced with paintball, went on 3 days out, had a laugh.
    I'm gonna do a little research now, but if you guys could help me out with links, on training a team, or a 'how they do' it kinda thing, or your own advice would be better, it'll help give a direction to take with the society.

If the funding is so tight that i can't run a team, i'll prob just blow all the funding on one or two major trips for as many members as possible, i wanted to ask if people could give me some info on their experiences in certain paintball locations, i've only been to Skirmish and Urban Paintball, i've found the latter to be lacking a lot in location and quality, but this was 3 years ago, so maybe it has improved. Sorry for the inorganised post.

Comments

Advertisement