Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please help

Options
  • 09-10-2009 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi can i i really want to buy a telescope for the o/h this christmas but i dont where to go and dont have alot of money as we both lost our jobs a few monts ago. Does anyone where i can get one. thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RichieO

I built my own 6" (150mm) reflector about 20 yrs ago, I purchased the two mirrors required and made the rest of it from timber and odd bits and pieces, including a wooden tripod, it worked fine untill the mirrors needed re-silvering. All refectors need this after a while, so it's not a one-off cost. Just thought you might like to know it is do-able but a bit complicated getting it all right....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 murphyme

Hi,

I don't know what your budget is but there is a guy over on irishastronomy.org who is selling a 10" dobsonian for €400.

Thread here:

http://www.irishastronomy.org/cms/forum?func=view&catid=17&id=80867

Also Telescope service might be worth a look.

Regards,

Michael.

Advertisement