Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House rewiring

Options
  • 09-10-2009 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

If I'm having house rewired, should the RECI electrician supply a schedule of work, an agreed fixed price contract and a RECI cert when it's finished ?

thanks

Mary

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Just a RECI cert when finished.
    The rest depends on what you asked for , is the job time & material or a fixed price, I would normally give a list of the number of lights & sockets per room to a customer on a price just so there is no argueing afterwards when it comes to payment. It saves hastle in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Before hand you should have agreed on the number/types of sockets lights, materials used and ways taken (walls chased?). He should have quoted you a fixed price which will then have VAT applied on top. This should all be on paper. Anything added after this is extra to be negotiated.

If the job is underway and you don't have any of this in place stop it and do so immediately. If the price and work is agreeable continue. If not pay him for his time so far and part ways. If you have agreed a per day rate i suggest you think again.

Any charges stemming from the ESB for hook ups or whatever are your charges not his.

Advertisement