Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The original amateur question

Options
  • 09-10-2009 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Hi..
    I am thinking of buying a small telescope for family use... My daughter is 7 and has shown some interest.. I'd like to get someting cheap to see if she will continue to have interest...

I've looked around and from what I can see the cheap reflectors with spherical mirrors on e-bay are to be avoided...

I found the "Skywatcher Skyhawk 114" in my budget and it Skywatcher scopes seem to get good enough reviews...

Would this be a good first telescope??

Thanks for any opinions :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Hi,

How's it going over there in C:\Temp???!!! ...Look at your location.

Anyway, I don't know much about telescopes, but a good starting point is the cheap one at either Lidl or Aldi (I can't remember which one). You can get great shots of the moon with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Everywhere else I've read that its better to go for a smaller appeture good brand name rather than a larger crappy make....

I'd really like to know if the Skywatcher brand of telescopes are worth bothering with...

Thanks....

Things here in "C:\Temp" are great... only the lads over in "My Documents" wont keep the music down..;)

Advertisement