Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Extensions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

Well done for completing the course.

I think it's only fair to point out to people the damage this method of hair extention causes. It destroyed my once healthy, thick hair. I even wrote a thread on here about how brittle and thin my hiar is now on account of glue extensions.

Girls, think long and hard before getting these done. They are expensive and ruin your hair. If you want to get extensions, get the micro ring method only.
    Stay the hell away from keratin or glue!!!!

Sorry OP but getting these is one of my biggest regrets and I wish I had've been warned of the damage they cause. There's no denying that they ruin your hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ciaraoo7

10 Reasons Your Hair Extensions Look Really Bad
    1. Hair Extension Weight: Unless you have really thick hair, stay away from extensions that are 1g or more. Heavy extensions are appealing to many hairdressers because they are thick and you don’t have to add as many to get a full head of hair. But a client with fine hair and big chunky extensions does not look natural. To find out more about this, see this previous post on hair extension weights.
    2. Poor colour matching: If the colour is wrong, it’s not a good look. If the extensions are poorly added and the colour is wrong, the extensions will stand out like a beacon! However, a minor difference in colour can often look quite good as it adds dimension to your hair.
    3. Lack of maintenance & styling: If you don’t use quality hair products and you don’t consistently give your extensions the care they deserve, you have noone to blame but yourself. A month after having your extensions added and having not looked after them, don’t complain to the supplier if they don’t look good. It’s a bit like complaining to your car dealer after buying a car and never adding oil or servicing it. Check out this post to find out more about hair care.
    4. Your hair is unsuitable: Some clients just don’t have suitable hair for hair extensions. If you pull lightly on your hair and it breaks or if you have very little hair, you should consider a wig. If you add extensions, they’ll either look bad because you can see the bonds, or they’ll look ok but when you remove them, what little hair you had could well be further reduced.
    5. Poor positioning of extensions: Hair extensions can’t just be added wherever you can find some natural hair on your head. Refer to my previous post on the hair extension no go zones for more info on where to add extensions.
    6. Wrong hair texture: It is important the hair extension texture matches the natural hair. It goes without saying that if you have curly hair, you shouldn’t add straight extensions unless you are willing to constantly straighten your natural hair. You may want to consider Yaki hair if you’re African. I occasionally see girls with straight extensions and wavy hair. It really doesn’t look natural.
    7. Wrong hair origin: If your hair is really fine then thick extensions (generally Asian hair) won’t look good. Make sure the hair matches your hair, whether it is Chinese, Indian or European.
    8. Non remy hair: Unfortunately there is quite a lot of non-remy hair floating around on the market these days. The main reason for this is that demand for extensions has increased greatly and so quality remy hair is a more scarce commodity. Ensure the hair is remy, non tangle hair or suffer the consequences of a tangled birds nest! Read more about non remy hair here.
    9. Poor quality product: You may have good quality hair, bit if the quality of the bond is poor it still won’t look good. For example, there’s nothing worse than extensions added using the fusion method and being able to see the adhesive. Make sure you buy from a trusted supplier and avoid online auction sites!
    10. Bad layering: Extensions need to be layered correctly. It is hard to explain this one in a post but trust me, if the extensions aren’t layered in naturally, you’ll have extensions that stand out really badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Hi Ciaroo7 and welcome to www.boards.ie. As you can see in the forum charter, we do not allow free advertising. You are more than welcome to give advice but if you advertise you risk being banned. You can contact hello@boards.ie if you are interested in paying to advertise on the site. Thank you. :)

Advertisement