Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grill and Grape still opened?

Options
  • 09-10-2009 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Anyone know if the grill and grape restaurant is still opened??

I tried calling soooo many times and it just rings out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Judging by the apalling service you get in there, I'd be surprised if it was still open...

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭madonna123

Ok.. but is it opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

haven't heard anything about it closing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Its Closed their is a sign on the door saying "closed for renovations" but in reality the lady whos running the business Dad passed away from what i heard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

it's been closed down 3/4 weeks now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I've heard that it has closed down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Few weeks ago, I rang Ottherholt & Left a Message. It was Late at Night (Near Midnight) so I headed out to see could I get a bed.
    Ondly then did I discover it was in bits & closed-up.
    I'd be passing it at least twice a week (in & out) doing weekly shop & I'd never copped-it.
    Would businesses that are shut-down not be better off saying so on answering machine?
    Or disconecting their' no.?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭purplekitty

i dont thik its closed down cause all the furniture is still there and there is still menu's and all on the tables.

must just be for renovations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

i dont thik its closed down cause all the furniture is still there and there is still menu's and all on the tables.

must just be for renovations

If a business isint getting enough costumers its bound to close. Especially if their is a lot of money owed to the banks, Revenue commisioners etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dennison8

nice location, food ok , overpriced, service appalling on the 2 occasions i was there, and they werent even busy at that!!....pity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 carlowgal

am i going off thread if i ask-where is nice to eat in Carlow?looking for good food nicely cooked,decent wine(not overpriced) and a nice atmosphere.oh and somewhere that won't break the bank.thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

What ya after? Irish, Italian, Indian, Chinese, Thai?

http://www.gordonbennettroute.com/carlowdining.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dennison8

about 7miles or so from carlow town is a village called ballon..here you'll find ballykealy manor, it is a beautiful old house with good food and wine , great service, and good prices, the setting alone is worth it, check it out!
    if you want it in carlow town the seven oaks hotel is very good also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

carlowgal wrote: »
    am i going off thread if i ask-where is nice to eat in Carlow?looking for good food nicely cooked,decent wine(not overpriced) and a nice atmosphere.oh and somewhere that won't break the bank.thanks.

Yes you are. There's a few threads already here about eating out in Carlow.
    Either use the search function or I'll give you a link later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 carlowgal

Thanks everyone,will check out Ballon and the seven oaks also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

ShayK1 wrote: »
    There's a few threads already here about eating out in Carlow.

Filth! Have it removed at once!

I dont know many people who have returned to the grill and grape. It was almost a novelty restaurant. Once you had the sizzling steak served on hot rocks then there wasnt much to bring you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Filth! Have it removed at once!

I dont know many people who have returned to the grill and grape. It was almost a novelty restaurant. Once you had the sizzling steak served on hot rocks then there wasnt much to bring you back.

The service was truly dire - even when it was quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Blacknight wrote: »
    The service was truly dire - even when it was quiet

Here we go again :rolleyes:

Advertisement