Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irelands Nazis - Cathal O' Shannon. Is this available anywhere?

Options
  • 08-10-2009 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post in, but I'd imagine someone here will be able to help me. :)

I'm doing some work on Irish/German relations as part of college, and recalled seeing this series around a year ago. I've found the second episode on Googlevideos, but I can't find the first episode anywhere.

Is the series available to buy on DVD, or does anyone know where I might pick it up?

Thanks a lot, Rory

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

It's repeated quite frequently on the History Channel, which comes as part of my basic Chorus/NTL digital subscription. Keep an eye out for it.

There's precious few mentions of Germans in it though. Most of the people involved were Belgians, Flemings who sided with the Germans when they invaded that country and had to get out rather sharpish at the end of the war.

There is a mention of Otto Skorzeny, the German Special Forces leader who sprang Mussolini from prison. He had a house in Ireland for a brief time during the 1950s-1960s.

But the others: Folens, Luykxx and some other old hippie living down the West somewhere, were all Belgians.

There's been a thread on this forum about this programme already. Some of us think it's a pile of ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

It's repeated quite frequently on the History Channel, which comes as part of my basic Chorus/NTL digital subscription. Keep an eye out for it.

There's precious few mentions of Germans in it though. Most of the people involved were Belgians, Flemings who sided with the Germans when they invaded that country and had to get out rather sharpish at the end of the war.

There is a mention of Otto Skorzeny, the German Special Forces leader who sprang Mussolini from prison. He had a house in Ireland for a brief time during the 1950s-1960s.

Skorzeny was Austrian wasn't he?

Was he?

Thanks Fred. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Nova_era wrote: »
    Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post in, but I'd imagine someone here will be able to help me. :)

I'm doing some work on Irish/German relations as part of college, and recalled seeing this series around a year ago. I've found the second episode on Googlevideos, but I can't find the first episode anywhere.

Is the series available to buy on DVD, or does anyone know where I might pick it up?

Thanks a lot, Rory

i am sure its available in some rubbish bin somewhere.
    shannon joined a foreign army and served in teh RAF. he helped defend a racist empire (they disn't exactly treat the wogs that well and regarded their subjects as untermenschen), yet he critiscises Dutch people who served in the SS because they wanted to fight communism.

Nova_era wrote: »

Thanks a lot, Rory

Bump.

If you're still doing your course work, it's available here on YouTube.

• Advertisement
Advertisement