Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body paint

Options
  • 08-10-2009 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this is not the right forum for my query. Mods feel free to move if so.

I am looking for some theatrical body paint for a Hallowe'en costume. I have found some online but p&p is quite expensive in most cases and I happen to be in Dublin next week, so I am wondering where in Dublin is best for this sort of thing and I might pop by and pick some up.

I don't really mind where in Dublin as I'll be driving.

If anybody could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it. Somewhere with a good selection is best as I will probably need to go there again in relation to another project next year, and it would be good to get an idea of the selection on offer for that too:)

Thanks!!

MR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

what brand are you looking for ? would snazaroo do or are you looking for something longer lasting ?

inspiring idea in blanch have snazaroo, also art and hobbys in the city centre. The joke shop on king street has a huge range but i cant remember what brand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Snazaroo ok for face; think I'd need something slightly longer lasting for the body tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Make-up Forever may have some body paint although I'm not sure. I had to get Fardel ordered from London. maybe give them a ring first.

Another brand I've used is Mehron. http://www.mehron.com/FPB_Face_and_Body_s/98.htm Prob have to order it though.

Was the Fardel good?

Where did you find best to get it from online, I have found with a lot of sites shipping has been considerably more than the product itself:rolleyes:

Yep, it's good. It's used on Films and TV. I actually got my friend to get it for me when she was over in London. She got it in Screenface. You could check out their website?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 vocalvenus

vocalvenus wrote: »

Only problem with the above site is that outside of the US you have to pay by wire transfer.

Ended up just ordering it from Screenface, P&P wasn't so bad with them, they have the colour I need in stock and time is ticking on so I said I best just go get it ordered and over and done with.

Cheers for your help everybody:)

You're gonna have to post a pic. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

www.facepaintuk.com and www.dauphines.com are both reputable suppliers of face & body paint, and both stock a huge variety of brands, colours, etc. Quick delivery too!
    In my experience, it's been cheaper and more convenient to buy paints online then from shops in Ireland...
    Good skin-safe face & body paints are always going to be a bit on the expensive side, but worth it - do you need a lot of colours? If so, you might try buying a palette of paints rather than one pot at a time
    Snazaroo are the cheap (but reliable and safe!) end of the market, for a couple of euro more you get very good coverage and pigmented paints with brands such as Paradise (Mehron) and Diamond FX...
    What design are you going for?
    PM me for advice!

Oops, just read you've bought them already! Good luck painting, use a paint brush (synthetic bristles) to cover large areas, a sponge (baby's bath sponges work well) for blending, and I'm looking forward to seeing pics!

Dauphines are actually on ebay as it happens. Very impressed with the speedy delivery from Screenface. Tested out the Fardel brand which is what I bought and I have to say it's brilliant. Didn't mind paying money for the paint itself; it's just some of the rates of postage were ridiculous!!!

Cheers for the advice NMoore; I'm actually going with Snazaroo for my face as I've used same on my face before and it worked really well and didn't cause any breakouts; which I am prone to from a lot of theatrical makeup.

I *may* post some pics :D

Cheers again everybody ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement