Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know anything about this Rocktoberfest thingy?

Options
  • 08-10-2009 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

It's meant to be going on in the INEC in Killarney this weekend, its a beer festival mixed with a music festival. However the people running it seem to be doing their best to provide the least amount of information they can.

Looks dodgy to me:

- No Line up yet for the Sunday, Friday and Saturday lineups look pretty weak anyway.

- No advertising or information.

- No beers listed, just says European beers on a single page on the INEC website.

So could someone from Killarney shed some light on this, seen as the event organiser couldn't be arsed:)

Thanks,
    Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

I can't help much, but I was in the INEC this morning booking tickets for the New Year Party, and I could hear people rehearsing Bruce Springsteen songs. I didn't see your post until I got home.
    Why not try ringing the INEC ? The girl on the desk looked as if she could do with some cheering up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

a beer festival mixed with a music festival.
    Damn it, why am I only finding out about this after I've driven home for the weekend? I'd definitely have hung around to check it out if I'd known about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

i was there tonight..seemed very well organised in fairness..

I went out to see Oracle mainly,they are a tralee band.They did an original set.

Fantastic stuff.. :)

Album coming soon.....

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mockerydawg

Was the event organised by one of the bands mum?
    Thats the impression I got, the festival was a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Was the event organised by one of the bands mum?
    I don't know why but that's bringing to mind the musical equivalent of a soccer mom ;). What harm if it was organised by someone's mother anyway? Someone has to organise these things after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

they did the same thing last year, only due to poor ticket sales it was reduced to an aslan gig!

they didnt put much effort into letting people know about, i mean not everybody reads the Killarney Advertiser :-) I only found out about it as they advertised it heavily at the coronas/script gig in sept.

I agree,advertising was the main fault here,the layout and the setup inside there was quite good.
    Does anyone know who played on the sunday?

Advertisement