Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

introduction of College fees

Options
  • 08-10-2009 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if college fees will be introduced for 1st years starting next year.I can remember there being something on the news relating to it recently, but wasnt paying enough attention.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

That's the plan. This year's first years will have to pay as well. The government hasn't decided on the details yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

cheers,
    so there are no details at all yet? do we know how much, or whether it will be covered in the grant.If anyone could point me in the right direction for info, id very much appreciate it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

cheers,
    so there are no details at all yet? do we know how much, or whether it will be covered in the grant.If anyone could point me in the right direction for info, id very much appreciate it.
    All we really know is that they'll probably be in the form of a deferred loan or graduate tax. I very much doubt the grant will cover them.

Advertisement