Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible Remixes Of Tunes You Love

Options
  • 08-10-2009 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Original:

Spektre Vocal Mix:

Sh!te by the numbers Techno remix. Should have changed the name of the song to Triangle Runs for the Spektre version. You know its gonna be crap straight away by the speeded up hook at the start. Its like the Techno equivalent of one of those clubland Ireland mixes.

Anyone have any other ones that spring to mind?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    clubland Ireland mixes

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Inspector Gadget or Tetris techno remixes always get the party jumping, usually through the windows but that's neither here nor there.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Embedding disabled: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkPbZGBjjWo

Poor poor nightcrawlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Lol, I'm a drum and bass head who's been buying records for a decade now, at this stage i think every tune i've ever loved has had at least three ****e remixes...

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Inspector Gadget or Tetris techno remixes always get the party jumping, usually through the windows but that's neither here nor there.

The super mario bros soundtrack get a good raping too.

And not tunes I love, but it seems any old celtic/mystic songs get shredded too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

olive-you're not alone has been raped by that tinchy stryder chav-rapper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Mikeyangelo

I think the Basement Jaxx remix of Phoenix is probably the worst remix I have ever heard in my life.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Sh!te by the numbers Techno remix. Should have changed the name of the song to Triangle Runs for the Spektre version. You know its gonna be crap straight away by the speeded up hook at the start. Its like the Techno equivalent of one of those clubland Ireland mixes.

Can't view youtube vids right now, but I can't picture anything Spektre did ever being put on the same level as clubland:confused:
    Then again, I would have Paul Maddox's babies if it was humanly possible...

Worst for me is that wanky electro house remix of Infinity... Really makes my skin crawl when I think of how badly they raped the original:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭djscubasteve

tman wrote: »
    Worst for me is that wanky electro house remix of Infinity... Really makes my skin crawl when I think of how badly they raped the original:mad:

FINALLY! Someone who agrees with me!! :D When they ditched the strings, piano etc. from the original they took its soul IMHO.

I'm surrounded down around this end of the country by people who STILL come up requesting it week in week out. I never seem to be able to remember to pack that cd though!:rolleyes:;)

Worse still are the gobsh1tes that ask for 'Dj Tiesto - Infinity':mad: Last night, I was asked for "Tiesto - Touch Me". I said I'd never heard of it & he said, "Pfff, call yourself a dj?" Ten mins later I played Rui da Silva's track & he came back with a big smug grin, quickly wiped off after I, just as smugly, dangled the cd cover in front of him!:D:cool: I'm not knocking Tiesto for what he does on his end, but the "Tiesto Fans" whose favourite tracks are "number 4 & number 7 on his album" & their various counterparts just bug the bejesus outta me!

Oh & my choice for worst 'remix' EVER has to be 'Wiley - Summertime'. Aerodynamic's one of my all time fave tracks & he just....... I won't even start!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

tman wrote: »
    Can't view youtube vids right now, but I can't picture anything Spektre did ever being put on the same level as clubland:confused:
    Then again, I would have Paul Maddox's babies if it was humanly possible...

I actually like a fair bit of Spektres stuff its just this a terrible remix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

That really is a shocking remix...I do like this one though:

This the kind of irish clubland you're talking about? :o :

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

df1985 wrote: »
    olive-you're not alone has been raped by that tinchy stryder chav-rapper.

Epic Tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

Any attempt at a remix of The Beloved - Sweet Harmony.

You dont mess with perfection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

That butchered version of strings of life with some silly bint singing "I'm stronger on my own" over it.

Pendulums 'version' of Voodoo People.

FINALLY! Someone who agrees with me!!

I'd say loads of dance fans would agree that the Guru Josh Project pretty much destroyed the original anthem, which was a guilty pleasure. Used to love the original, they managed to spoil even listening to that. Cos now all I can hear is some voice saying 'take your time, trust in me...' :o

Not a big fan of the original, but Angello's effort annoys me...

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

I'd say loads of dance fans would agree that the Guru Josh Project pretty much destroyed the original anthem, which was a guilty pleasure. Used to love the original, they managed to spoil even listening to that. Cos now all I can hear is some voice saying 'take your time, trust in me...' :o

Not a big fan of the original, but Angello's effort annoys me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Nbt8fgHec

blame remix

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

Holy **** that remix of Robin S is brutal.

I thought Steve Angello stuck to epic (-ly shyte) house. Now that he has branched out into a two-step Garage/D'n'B hybrid he really can be crowned "King of all that is wrong in Dance" (or he will be once he starts playing that new-rave crap)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

Just heard scooter's j'adore hardcore,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

No doubt everyone knows the classic original tune, and along comes this mincer and ruins it,shocking remix

Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar (Deadmau5 Remix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p13nSTH0LAc

loads more to list but another time...

Advertisement