Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The perfect surfing gift.....

Options
  • 08-10-2009 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hey Folks,

Just wondering if any of you would mind dropping me a quick post letting me know what surf related present would make your day from your girlfriend?

Keep it clean ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Burgerman55

one of those VW vans would be pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Trishis

ha, ok! lets say for under €1000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭liberal

it depends on what he/she has already

find out if he/she has a winter wetsuit if not it would be a great time to buy one or if there current one is 3+ years old.. a sweet one would be about e300

if its the kind of person that has everything then you might look into going on a surf holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Damn, I need a girlfriend who is willing to blow up to €1000 on surfing goodies for me... I dunno OP. Things like boards and wetsuits can be very personal choices. Maybe take him for a shopping spree, or take him on a surfing weekend (or week?) somewhere nice and warm over the winter.

great idea...surf holiday! Ok, where is a great place to go in December for a few weeks 2 or 3 maybe....? somewhere thats hot so i get some sun and that has waves for him...

Basically what plane tickets would you guys like to get handed?!

Ha, yea he's lucky to have a girlfriend like me!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

oneway ticket to bali

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Burgerman55

how would you get back though?

bit ambitious if you think you could surf / paddle back

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Hawaii... mmmm hmmmm :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

how would you get back though?

get back?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,518 ✭✭✭✭kippy

kodute wrote: »
    Hawaii... mmmm hmmmm :cool:

Was there during the summer, even with the locals saying conditions were crap, they were better than anything I've every surfed in over here (the fact that you didnt have to wear a wetsuit was probably the key though I suppose)

How about a holiday in portugal, I believe there are some nice surf spots there, and the weather would still surely be better than here for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 surfbored

I'd second Portugal. Been to Lagos a few times, great choice of surf for different swell directions, usually great weather, very reasonable food and accommodation, a few good surf schools too.

Depending on his surfing ability, maybe get him surf lessons there and u get to go on holidays yourself too... win-win!

Let me know if u want to details of the school or accommodation, I'd have no problem recommending them.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Psydeshow

Portugal in the December, while warmer than here it won't be sunbathing weather either I'd say.

If you want sun and surf, I'd say you'd have to go a bit further south, like Morocco or somewhere. Having said that I have no idea what the surf is like there in the winter, or the weather for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Psydeshow wrote: »
    If you want sun and surf, I'd say you'd have to go a bit further south, like Morocco or somewhere. Having said that I have no idea what the surf is like there in the winter, or the weather for that matter.

I was in the canaries last year around November but unfortunately caught a flat spell. Towards the end of the week I got a few waves though.
    But yes, more south for sun and surf.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

I would suggest a years supply of surf wax candles but then I am biased.

A trip abroad or voucher for a shaper so he can get the board of his dreams custom made for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭glide

I would suggest a years supply of surf wax candles but then I am biased.

A trip abroad or voucher for a shaper so he can get the board of his dreams custom made for him.

go with the voucher from a shaper, but then im biased! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PjC

A winter surf holiday is defo ideal for the cash your blowing. I usually go to fuerteventura for first 2 weeks of november, plenty of surf schools to rent gear off, but i would defo say take a lesson off one of the local schools and just enjoy their company, their savage craic, they'll also let you in on some spots around the island!

Serrinada bungalows (spelling) is where we stay, a 40 second walk off the main st in corriajo plenty of shops car rental and some gorgeous places to eat out. Very well known and popular surf bar there too but i cant recall the name off hand, i bumped into jason polokow and victor fernandez in it at a SAVAGE "back garden" style BBQ, 2 of the most epic wave windsurfers in the world.

pm me if you need any specific info. Been going there for years now

Hey everyone...thanks for all the advice, think Portugal is on the cards now! I would love some sun though but I dont think the surf in morocco is the best, is it? I googled it and the results have kinda slammed it a bit. Costa Rica or somewhere like that would be ideal, but i cant stretch that far! Hopefully he'll love Portugal! Thanks again

Advertisement