Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test route map

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

not all tests are done on the same route,

the rsa have many different routes for the one test center :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Alas, it can be handy for the learners to know, in case they get the same route.
    GC->Learning to drive

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mcloke

A few of those for Ennis would be great :) just to know where abouts you go...I know instructors know these things but it is nice to see it on "paper".
    Congrats on passing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭NFH

Cheers for that, I'm from Galway and will be doin the test in a few weeks so will give this route a go. To be honest the test in general seems like a joke. So ya travel a route, and have to do a hill start, turnabout (which is a 3 point turn for people who cant do a 3 point turn ;) ) and reverse around a corner. Obviously you have to show awareness, do the whole 10 2 thing, keep checkin your mirrors and watch your speed, but am I missin somethin, it just seems too easy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

It seems so easy, but so many people fail for many different reasons.

You have to think ahead, plan your actions, deal with hazards, maintain effective observations, keep control of the car, follow the rules of the road and show the examiner you are a competent driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spartan1

NFH wrote: »
    Cheers for that, I'm from Galway and will be doin the test in a few weeks so will give this route a go. To be honest the test in general seems like a joke. So ya travel a route, and have to do a hill start, turnabout (which is a 3 point turn for people who cant do a 3 point turn ;) ) and reverse around a corner. Obviously you have to show awareness, do the whole 10 2 thing, keep checkin your mirrors and watch your speed, but am I missin somethin, it just seems too easy.

Please Please Please come back here and tell us if you passed ! its all very east if you can do all this to perfection, but if you make only a few mistakes......poff.....3 I think ? best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭NFH

Karma police will make sure I fail now ;)

I havent actually told anyone that I'm doing the test cause I think that will take a bit of performance pressure off me, hope it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

forgive me for being a well abled driver but does it matter what route you go for test .aint you suposed to know how to drive in the first place . like reversing , gear down coming to corner, stay left of white line, dont over take on a hill, i see that happen so often. then if you cant do that going on other roads you should not be behind the wheel of a killing machine. yes i know you are learning but you have to know how to deal with the unexspected. .sorry if i made you learners mad . get all the pratice you can. i feel sorry for learners just starting out cos ye are not giving any chance on the roads cos of the L on your back window. i was one of you guys.took me ages to pass my test ,it felt great to have that piece of paper in my hand all them years ago, even now im still learning. my moto is ALWAYS EXSPECT THE UNEXSPECTED, so please guys mind your selves out on the road. dont want to read about ye in the papers on a monday.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

GF did test today, route
    Map a little fecked up by me not knowing googlemaps that well, might fix later.

• Advertisement
Advertisement