Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Possible traffic offence at Heuston Station?

Options
  • 08-10-2009 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there

Yesterday I was collecting a friend of mine near Heuston station - when I arrived I couldn't see him so I pulled over to the side of the road to call him. As it turns out, it seems I was stopped in some type of loading area just inside the gate. I was on the phone for less than 10 seconds and then hung up and drove off. In the meantime, some type of traffic attendant was beckoning me to move on which I promptly did. For some reason, he seemed to be taking down my reg number and I can't understand why he would have done this if I moved on when asked.

Do you think it is possible I could get a ticket for this? I would have thought only traffic wardens or police could issue those and I did not interact with this man at all. Should I expect a ticket and if so do I have any grounds to contest it?

Thanks for your help.
    Koenig

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

prob taking your reg so if you appeared again, he could get you clamped or towed away

• Registered Users Posts: 8 koenigcylinders

Thanks Stealthy! I don't what makes that type of person tick!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Yeah thats the one, would be so you dont drive off around the block and do the same once he appears out of sight. Id say your safe enough.

Advertisement