Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No word on grant yet.

Options
  • 08-10-2009 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi,I am wondering have you guys heard news on your grant apps yet.I rang Dcc the day before I registered in Trinity and they said there was a backlog.I didn't pay the 1500 yoyo reg fee and gave Tcd grant details which they accepted without any bother.I will get onto them again but am starting to get worried now.I do qualify but have received no acknowledgement as yet.
    Any one else in the same boat.Also does anyone know when it is paid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Back a my college days(a year or two back) it was not uncommon for grants not to appear until January with a backdated lump sum. depends on the vec and details of the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Hi,I am wondering have you guys heard news on your grant apps yet.I rang Dcc the day before I registered in Trinity and they said there was a backlog.I didn't pay the 1500 yoyo reg fee and gave Tcd grant details which they accepted without any bother.I will get onto them again but am starting to get worried now.I do qualify but have received no acknowledgement as yet.
    Any one else in the same boat.Also does anyone know when it is paid.

I received my acknowledgement that I'm getting a grant from DCC on Monday, so you should hear something soon. No idea when we will see the money though!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭estreet girl

Thnks for the info guys.I'll sit tight till next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I haven't heard anything back. Mines been in since around the 23rd of sugust

No news is good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭estreet girl

Thanks Chet,it feels good knowing I am not alone:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭silasrat

i applied around mid august,only got a letter on wednesday stating ive got preliminary approval or something like that............ just have to return one more form and set. no idea when it will come through or how much it will be so if anybody knows anything of that nature let me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

When I was a student you'd apply in August and it'd be sorted by November. Was January one year too

Be patient :)

Advertisement