Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slooh - remote control of telescopes

Options
  • 08-10-2009 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard of or used this service called Slooh ? For $50\year it gives you unlimited time remotely controlling a choice of 3 telesopes worldwide. Seems very interesting considering the cost of buying decent equipment to use with the crap weather we have here. I think you schedule the time you want to use it in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I could definetly understand why some people would like to use it, and the factors we have here in Ireland, but for me, I think it'd just take away the whole feeling of doing it yourself. I can definetly see why some people would be keen on it though. It would be interesting to use a few times for the views.

Advertisement