Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Capsule

Options
  • 08-10-2009 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'm quickly running out of room on my MacBook and I'm looking to get an external hard drive. I've heard of a few from the likes of reads and harvey norman that are going cheap but am wondering would i be better off investing in a mac time capsule.

I don't know much about them. has anyone used one and how do they get on with them?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

All a Time Capsule really is is an Airport Extreme router with a hard drive built-in. So, are you looking to buy a new router as well or do you just want a hard drive? If it's the latter, you can get something much cheaper than a Time Capsule will cost. Do you want to connect the hard drive over a network or USB/Firewire to the MacBook directly?

If what your really need is extra space, then an external hard drive would suffice (or you could consider upgrading your internal hard drive instead - it's pretty easy on MacBooks). You could always get an Airport Extreme at some other point and get all the functionality of the Time Capsule by connecting a USB drive to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement