Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rene's-Sligo

Options
  • 07-10-2009 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

This is a blatant plug! (so mods do what you will)

I was up sligo recently and il admit driving from Cork, i dont get up there enough to know my way around but I found a lovely little surf cafe and I figure in these interesting times one good turn deserves another, and the uber stoked French man who runs the place helped me out so....

The place is called Rene's and you'll find it here http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ptab=2&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=118440763216771911350.00047556ec8e059cb0848&ll=54.270434,-8.475646&spn=0.001494,0.00457&z=18

(sorry tried to embed the link but failed)

Its ran by a man called Mannu who's a great skin, its a lovely spot, good food, great coffee, nice atmosphere. Few mangled surfboards round the place, few nice surf shots on the walls, surf movies on the tv, surf mags on the racks......

So if any of ye are about sligo, its worth calling in for a coffee or pass the good word on to anyone who might be interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

*shrug* we don't mind "plugging" as long as you are genuinely a happy customer of the place and not secretly the owner in disguise :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Judging by how the OP wrote his/her email, the owner is either bilingual or has a good grasp of English. You'd spot the odd typ-o from a non native French speaker. ................*shuffles away to lie down*...............

I'd say it isn't the owner, but he could have gotten someone to post for him :p

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Back on topic...

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

seachto7 wrote: »
    Judging by how the OP wrote his/her email, the owner is either bilingual or has a good grasp of English. You'd spot the odd typ-o from a non native French speaker. ................*shuffles away to lie down*...............

I'd say it isn't the owner, but he could have gotten someone to post for him :p

His, and one of the first things I said was I was from cork???

cornbb wrote: »
    Back on topic...

*cough cough*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

cornbb wrote: »
    *cough cough*
    Know the Frenc dude in question he's a good guy haven't been to the cafe yet but I'll check it out and let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

yeah plus one on rennes and just another happy customer but as i live in sligo its easier to get in. good food and good vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

I've been living in Sligo (I'm from cork too :)) for the last 3 years and have never noticed this place. I'll have to check it out now, thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Yeah its a great wee spot. Mannu is a great guy. the pasta is delish and it is a nice place to hang out. Would prefer if the stoodents)(the uniformed kind) would feck of though as they never buy anything and just use the place to smoke their funk and doss.

Funny with all this talk of cork im thinking of moving the other way from sligo to cork. Could i take rennes with me i wonder??

Advertisement