Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a noesy neighbour?

Options
  • 07-10-2009 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

Basically my missues is good friends with one of our neighbours. But it totally amazes me just how much this girl knows about whatseveryone elses business is.

Are you a nosey neighbour...or do you have one close by?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Voltex wrote: »
    Basically my missues is good friends with one of our neighbours. But it totally amazes me just how much this girl knows about whatseveryone elses business is.

Are you a nosey neighbour...or do you have one close by?

I'm looking at you right now.....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Yes I feel it is my duty to know the business of everybody in my neighbourhood. That way i'll be a witness to everything that goes on in the hood.

Nah i'm on joking, I don't care enough about other people's lives to want to know what's going on with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

In b4 Harry Enfield

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead's not at all nosey but his neighbour most definitely is. Was walking down the street today and he shouted "Good morning Pighead, how are you today?"

Nosey spanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭Riddle101

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Basically my missues is good friends with one of our neighbours.
    ^^^^^
    Now that would a been a great thread.

/nosey mod...

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

I live in the middle of nowhere, can't see any of my neighbours and they can't see me, suits everyone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

There used to be a gang of old women on Pighead's street who made it their business to know absolutely everything everybody was getting up to. It got to the stage where if Pighead forgot to change his underpants he'd be getting a note through the door saying "Oi, Pighead, change your pants"

It was horrible because it made you feel self conscious whenever you were lovemaking. Tuesday evening on our street was generally a busy time for fornication as that was when the old biddies went to bingo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Yes i'm a noisey neighbour ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Kiera wrote: »

G'way ya headboarder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I live in a small rural community - everyone is a nosey neighbour except me! I couldnt give a **** about anyone elses life!

"Ah the rural fabric is breakin down so it is to be sure" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Opposite - haven't a clue who my neighbours are, let alone know anything about them. I see the family across the landing from time to time and I'm on "hi" terms with the dad. I called to the girls upstairs once about something so I say "hi" to them if I meet them on the stairs, which is extremely rare.

I don't like the anonymity of apartment complexes - granted, living in a community full of busybodies who know when you sneeze isn't desirable either. Somewhere in the middle is ideal though, in my opinion. A bit of a sense of community is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

nope, there is never a sound out of my house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Pighead wrote: »
    There used to be a gang of old women on Pighead's street who made it their business to know absolutely everything everybody was getting up to. It got to the stage where if Pighead forgot to change his underpants he'd be getting a note through the door saying "Oi, Pighead, change your pants"

It was horrible because it made you feel self conscious whenever you were lovemaking. Tuesday evening on our street was generally a busy time for fornication as that was when the old biddies went to bingo.

Just one thing about that post...why do you refer to yourself in the third person?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Pighead wrote: »
    Just one thing about that post...why do you refer to yourself in the third person?
    You know you're not a newbie when you giggle at that!:p

Pighead is a Boards..eh..ledge *cough who only posts in the third person so never gets truly Boardsified!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

My brother lives in an apartment and one of the ladies in the block is extremley nosy and knows what everyone does. It's actually not a bad thing to have as any sign of trouble in the block and she's onto it in a flash! No danger of anything bad happening on her watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Im not nosy but i used to watch my hot neighbour when he played soccer in his back garden.

Wait... Is stalking and being nosy the same thing? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

twice today ive caught a man staring through my window. no shame at all just keeps staring. im a bit creeped out atm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

smk89 wrote: »
    twice today ive caught a man staring through my window. no shame at all just keeps staring. im a bit creeped out atm

Look out the window now. Im waving at you!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

smk89 wrote: »

seriously?
    Tell him to go f*ck off. Thats what id do :o.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I know little about Nuclear Overhauser Effect Spectroscopy and neither do my neighbours.

Leave us alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

Kiera wrote: »

You still want those bedroom walls painted a LOUD red?...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Don't have a clue who my neighbours are.

Never hear a sound to my left. House on the right is empty.

So, no, not a nosey neighbour!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Spelling of the title.

Oh noes!

:D

Advertisement