Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community needs paypal, thanks for your time/help

Options
  • 07-10-2009 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I will really appreciate any help I can get on here. I live in Sligo in a place called Ballintogher. Here we have a community hall which is closed due to lack of funds required to finish an extension which was started during the heady mad years in 2006!

I have a daughter and want to see her and her school chums using the hall so have involved myself in the fundraising efforts. I registered www.ballintogher.com with Blacknight and using one of their packages got a basic website built. Now I know it is very{B] basic but it will do the job.

The problem is I want to put a click to donate PayPal button on it but some guy at blacknight say it can not be done. In fact I thought the customer service guy I spoke with was distinctly unhelpful but I know there must be some way to do this.

I have never built anything on the web before and would be very novice however think I understand the principles, so my questions are;

Can I easily put a paypal button on the site?

If not can I copy the code from the site and paste it into somthing like dreamweaver and then put in the paypal button?

Is there an easier way?

I believe there are many many Ballintogher people around the world living, working studying etc who will, if it is easy, donate towards the rebuild. I want to make it easy for them.

I really will apreciate any help from you guys, it is for a good cause.

BB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Hydrosylator

It's really easy to put a Paypal button on a website. You're already on the right track too.

First of all, set up a Paypal account, you can associate it with a bank account or a credit card, whatever works for your cause.

Once you have a working account, make the button. Then paste it into the page you want it to appear on.

Paste in the code, not in a "design" view, and all should be well.

Do you have control of the code? How do you edit things?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Thanks Hydro,

I have the paypal account set up and understand that its a copy and paste job however the problem seems to be that because the site is a 'template' site from a site builder the guy in Balcknight seems to think I can not put it in. He did concede however that if I go into the code part of the site I could paste it in there but would need to do that every time the site was edited, which is ok, if I knew what I was doing so if anyone can make this idiot proof for a complete novice witha good cause I would be indebted,

BB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

I'll sort this out for free if you want, it's definitely do-able. Send me a pm

Advertisement