Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemical unblocking of Sewers

Options
  • 07-10-2009 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭

A friend got his cobblelock driveway cleaned recently, not your average sort of chancer, seemed to know what he was doing and did a good job for a reasonable price. He lifted the traps on the 3 sewers and told him they were blocked and offered to chemicaly unblock the sewers at €50 per sewer.

Anyone ever heard of a chemical treatment such as this? I've found a few diy types at about £10 per bottle on the net. Is there a commercial product available or had my friend's house got big windows?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Whats wrong with rodding drains? A good set of rods should be cheaper than €50......

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭atellyer

I've never yet found chemicals that really work, anyway. A good set of drain rods can save so much time and money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Wouldnt he have noticed that they were blocked before the cobblelock was done ??
    Are you talking sewer or rain water gulley?? I'd wonder how genuine the guy is :rolleyes:

Advertisement