Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web awards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

I should be along , was there before , always a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

any hot girls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Hydrosylator

Would you rate the awards as respectable?

I've heard some awards (think metallic arachnids) are laughable and just a moneymaking, pay-to-enter racket.

This one seems closer to the ground though, and more open to everyone. Is it worth €35? <== that's not rhetorical

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Irish Web Awards are good craic, I'll be there myself in tow with most of the other Boards lads, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

Would you rate the awards as respectable?

Different leagues of award tbh. I would actually cringe winning a golden spider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Yup, planning to be there.

Nothing at all like the Golden Spiders. Much closer to the web community, much more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Magsybagsy

If the Golden Spiders are in a different league - why are they still going? It all appears to be a money making effort! They seem to be well behind this year on the short lists etc and yet are not even rated by the online community! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

To be honest....most websites are not accessable for disabled people plus they have errors in most if of their websites. I'm suprised that those people can win the awards for different reasons and not looking at the accessable and errors on the pages.

I second what Pixelcraft said.

"I would actually cringe winning a golden spider"

I believe it is lacking in alot of things.....My question is what do they look at on those websites? The design for 5 seconds then go to the next website??

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

You have to look at the judging panel, if I remember correctly, not one is actually a web professional, they are all business people outside of the web industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

oh i know.....thats pretty sad to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭jmcc

Magsybagsy wrote: »
    If the Golden Spiders are in a different league - why are they still going? It all appears to be a money making effort! They seem to be well behind this year on the short lists etc and yet are not even rated by the online community! :eek:
    The Golden Spiders have zero credibility within the industry. This kind of sums them up: "There is a €150 administration fee for nomination". Some of the judges this year are actually in the industry and this is quite a novel thing for the GS. The reason that the GS are still going is because they are professionally run as a moneymaking operation and they give those not involved in the internet business an opportunity to pretend that they are involved. But as a benchmark for quality web design, the Golden Spiders are a joke.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement